Water is an art of rain being an important source of water. It is an essential thing in the life of each and every living creature in the world. The human body can survive without for weeks. But, it cannot pass on even few days without water. Out human body is composed of about 50 to 75 percent of water. In our body, water forms the basis for each and every action. It is also essential every part like bone, digestive juices, blood, fat and many more. Out body is a just a miracle. As our body cannot store up water, it becomes an essential thing of our daily day chores. The water is used up in the lungs, skin and sent out as urine and faeces. The water intake depends on one’s body weight, metabolic rate, external environment, food we eat and the level of activeness. One can view the site link that depicts the water intake for different aged group of people
Water in the human body
Some of the interesting facts about water being related to our human body are:
- The water content in the body of men is higher than the women (compared it the same age)
- The adults tend to lose the water content of about 2.5 to 3 litres of water every day. This water content may decrease in hot weather or when a person tends to involve in physical exercises.
- The elderly group of people are found to lose about 2 litres of water every day.
- In case of a person who is an air traveller, he or she is tending to lose about 1.5 litres of water in a 3 hour flight.
- The loss of water needs to be replaced in an appropriate manner.
Importance of water
The water is an important factor for our body as said earlier. The importance is portrayed in the following way:
- The health and the integrity of each and every cell is maintained
- The blood stream liquid is very much essential for the blood to flow through the blood vessels
- The human body eliminates the by-products of the metabolism in the form of urine and faeces.
- It helps regulating the temperature of the body by the means of sweating
- Provides a lubricating substances for the joints
- It helps in digestion and helps in preventing the constipation
- It helps in prevention or formation of cystitis and keeps the bladder clean (keeps away from the bacterial action)
- Provides a moisture content to the mucous membranes (lungs an mouth)