In general, art is everywhere. Even a home maker does her art in the kitchen in the form of food. Such an art should never go in vein. This is directly linked to the food safety. If a home maker follows the following steps, then food safety is highly maintained.
The harm causing germs are available in all places. This may be available in all places like food, our own hands, utensils that we use and even the cutting boards we use. So, it is necessary to wash the hands, utensils and surfaces often.
- One should wash the hands properly.
- It is good to use the soap and water to wash the hands and dry the hand well with the towel
- There are certain rules where the hand should be washed after and before. View website to know the situations.
- All the surfaces and utensils should be washed.
- The dish clothes should be washed in the hot water quite often.
- The cutting board, dishes, utensils and the related stuffs should be washed with soapy water.
- One should be aware of the food stuffs that should be washed and that need not be washed before cooking and eating.
- In case of fruits and the vegetables, the damaged part should be cut and washed under water without any cleaners.
- It is not advisable to clean the meat, eggs and the poultry related stuffs.
Once the shopping is done, the food stuffs should be kept separate to prevent contamination. This can be achieved by:
- Dealing with the produce and the other stuffs
- One should use the separate cutting boards for fresh produce (stuffs that are not cooked before eating) and raw meat, poultry and seafood.
- The vessels used to keep the raw and cooked food should be separate.
- It is good to use the hot soapy water to deal with the stuffs like raw meat, eggs, poultry, etc
- The food stuffs should be kept separate to avoid any contamination from one food to the other.
- While shipping, the raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs are kept separately in different packages. The water dripping from these foodstuffs should not fall on other food items.
- Even in home, these food stuffs should be kept and concealed in separate containers. It is good to freeze this raw meat, seafood and poultry related food stuffs to prevent the food spoilage.
- The eggs should be kept in separate carton in the fridge.